Friday, January 30, 2015

The Never Ending Winter!

Well as this week comes to a close, today was by far the most challenging day.  I was responsible for all of the classes today. That's 9 periods worth of students coming in and out every 42 minutes, with the additional students who come in the room instead of their study hall, students who want to buy beef sticks or tea, and students who want to paint projects. With a constant flow of chaos it really is a wonder how my cooperating teacher can manage it all and have time to plan anything! Of course there has to be curve balls like the internet not working and 2 hour delays.

As I found myself facing these challenges and others I became very frustrated but did my best to "keep my cool." I don't want my students to know that I am secretly freaking out. I found that teaching my normal classes were especially hard when I was responsible for all of the students, every period. There was a wonderful substitute teacher who helped me a lot with technology problems and keeping the kids in line.

So this week, my big take away is definitely juggling and flexibility. I am working on juggling the multiple tasks that come with teaching and being responsible for a classroom. Juggling tasks of teaching, preparations, and setting up saws and incubators. No two days are ever the same! Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, what strategies/techniques will you put into play to help you manage the challenges you mentioned? When you are writing your reflection and you identify challenges/struggles, think about how you will make your experience better? What skills can you develop know that will be able to carry with you in the future?

    Looking forward to my future visit!

    LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,

    Thanks for sharing, but let's have some depth :) Dig Deeper on the teaching process.

    ReplyDelete